If you're planning on getting married or entering into a civil partnership at Rochdale Register Office there are various options we offer to enable you to have the sort of ceremony you wish. This ranges from a simple ceremony with 2 witnesses to the inclusion of bridesmaids and being escorted into the ceremonies room with music playing and guests doing readings of your choice.
Please remember that any music or readings shouldn't have any religious connection. Contact us to discuss any other enhancements to the legal part of the ceremony including incorporating cultural or special requirements. If you're planning to enhance your ceremony in any way please contact us to discuss it before the ceremony.
Please ensure you've paid the ceremony fee and have chosen your vows prior to the day of the ceremony.
Where your ceremony takes place
The Red Rose Suite at Rochdale Register Office will be used for weddings and civil partnerships from January 2021. It's located within Number One Riverside in large and newly refurbished private rooms on the ground floor of the flagship building by the River Roch.
Find Number One Riverside on a map.
The Red Rose Suite will be decorated with contemporary lighting features and furnishings. It will accommodate up to 70 guests and be fully licensed for marriages and civil ceremonies.
The new venue will also include access to a rooftop terrace with views across the Pennines – for photographs and celebratory drinks with friends and family. There will also be a dedicated wedding room with full length mirror, where those about to walk down the aisle can steal a few quiet moments before making their entrance.
The day of the ceremony
On the day of your ceremony:
- Please arrive at the Register Office at least 10 minutes before the time of your ceremony. Ensure that you and your guests allow extra time for parking during busy shopping periods.
- You must bring at least 2 witnesses with you to be present during the ceremony. Witnesses have to be over the age of 16 and be able to speak and understand English. Please let them know in advance that you would like them to sign the register with you.
- The Registrar will see you both before the ceremony to check the details that are to appear in the register. The detail will include the full names and occupation of your natural, step father or adoptive father.
- If one party prefers not to see the other until the ceremony begins, the couple can be seen separately. If one party wishes to walk in with someone, for example father and bridesmaids, it would be appreciated if you could advise the Register Office in advance.
- The ceremony will be conducted by the Superintendent Registrar or an appointed deputy. After brief introductions, it will proceed with the couple being asked to repeat their chosen vows. Choose your vows.
- The giving and receiving of rings can be included in the ceremony. Let the registrar know on the day of your ceremony.
- After the vows have been made, the Superintendent Registrar will conclude the ceremony. The Registrar will enter your details in to the register. You'll both be asked to check and sign the register followed by your witnesses. Please check these details carefully, as it will be difficult to make any corrections at a later date.