View the approved marriage and civil partnership venues in Rochdale borough below.
Rochdale approved marriage venues
Heywood and Bury approved marriage venues
Milnrow approved marriage venues
Middleton approved marriage venues
Provisionally book your ceremony
If you're getting married at one of the approved venues listed above, we will conduct your ceremony. You'll need to provisionally book your ceremony to secure your date and time.
You can make a provisional booking up to 2 years in advance of the ceremony. It costs £31 to provisionally book your ceremony which is a one-off fee and non-refundable. Please ring us to make a provisional booking.
If your wedding ceremony is at one of the approved venues above:
- Your ceremony will be conducted by staff from the Rochdale Register Office and will be a civil ceremony rather than a religious one.
- The ceremony will be similar to that in the Register office.
- You will also be able to enhance your ceremony in the same way, including the addition of music readings and being walked into the ceremony in the traditional way. A form will be given to you to complete so as you can inform us of any enhancements.
- If you decide to get married at a licensed venue, you should first contact the venue to ensure that the time and date is available and that the package cost is acceptable to you and your partner
- You should then contact the Registrar responsible for the area in which the venue is located. If the venue is in the Rochdale borough, you should contact Rochdale Register Office.
The role of Rochdale Register Office
- We can attend your ceremony on any day during the year apart from Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day, subject to availability.
- We will check our diary and advise you if we are able to attend the date and time of your choice.
- An attendance fee is payable at least two weeks before your wedding.
- You need to give your formal notice of marriage to your local Register Office and pay the statutory fees for the entry of these notices before you can marry at a licensed venue.